Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chicago, day one.

I've come to the realization that I love Chicago... I love NYC (MORE), but I can say I really love Chicago.
After Calumet Fisheries we made our way to Ann's apartment, as Michelle unpacked I took a much needed nap. A few hours later we decided to go out for deep dish "pizza". In my opinion there is no debating who has the best pizza, (New York reigns supreme in that area). I don't consider deep dish "pizza", therefore why compare it to the classic NY style. IT'S GOOD, don't get me wrong... but I believe if you can't fold it, it aint pizza! I have found Chicago-ins feel as passionate about their pizza as any New Yorker... when we stopped in at a local bar Michelle asked the barkeep to recommend "the best" deep dish in Chicago, sure enough we received a roar of different opinions from everyone within earshot. Burt's Place, Gino's East, Uno, and Due were all debated over. We ended up at Lou Malnati's, a Chicago institution (and a chain). The "pizza" was good, however I feel a lot more research needs to be done in this area. :)

2 comments:

  1. Gino's East is a great place, I don't believe I've been to the others..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had any Chicago pizza that has even compared to New York's pizza... New York Pizza wins hands down with me!

    ReplyDelete