Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chicago, day two






Chicago may not have the best Pizza, but the best HOT DOG??!!
We slept in, it was nice not to have to pack up the bike that morning. We left the apartment around lunch time and headed to "Hot Doug's". As we pulled up I noticed a bit of a line... then we turned the corner, the line wrapped around the building. I hate lines, I have never waited on line to get into a club, why the hell would I wait for hot dogs?? After being online for about an hour we finally made it inside. Doug himself was behind the counter taking orders. The menu on the wall was incredible, the list of ingrediants and combinations made it extremely difficult to choose. I settled on the "Jim Barley" (Jack Daniels Infused Smoked Pork Sausage with Fennel, Piquillo Pepper Sauce, and Burning Nettles Cheese), the "Duck" (Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage with Truffle Aioli, Foie Gras Mousse and Sel Gris), and the "Classic" (Chicago-Style Hot Dog with all the trimmings). The dogs were cooked perfectly, they looked perfect, they tasted perfect. My favorite of the three was the duck with the foie gras.

Worth the wait.

1 comment: