Sunday, October 11, 2009

DAY 1...



We left Brooklyn pretty late in the day, taking the Holland Tunnel heading south through New Jersey for Virginia where we would stay overnight. The weather was great, blue skies, however the temp started dropping as the sun went down. 55 degrees feels great when you're standing still, however on a bike doing 80 mph, it feels closer to 30. To make matters worse, it started to rain. We made it to Harrisburg PA around 8pm and decided to stay the night. It's not as far as I would of liked to have gone on the first day, but considering the time and weather it was the wisest decision. Using my GPS we found a cheap hotel and a place to eat. The next morning the streets were wet from the night before. As we racked up the bikes I noticed I was missing my sunglasses, my VERY expensive Belstaff sunglasses (that I should of left home, but didn't because I'm an IDIOT). I searched everywhere and assumed the eyeglass case must of flew off my tank bag the night before. Peter reminded me not to dwell on it, sh*t happens... This turned out to be my mantra during the entire trip.
We spent about and hour looking for a place where Peter could get decent coffee. Driving in circles, we finally found a Starbucks. It was cool to drive around Harrisburg during the day, it's actually kind of charming. Built near the river, old buildings, a few bridges. Peter referred to it as the "Gateway to the South". We finally made it through that gateway around noon.... day two starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment