Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day Two...

We woke up this morning (7am) with a loud bang at the hotel room door.
"Hello?... are you the person that parked on the sidewalk??? They are
going to tow your bike within the hour!"

As we ate lunch the GPS drained the bikes battery, I never unplugged
it from my homemade charger. The battery was dead. Thanks to the
kidness of strangers (and 2 jump starts later) we made it to the
hotel. I parked the bike on the sidewalk... as we do in NYC.. took the
battery out and charged it in our room. Good news, the battery is as
good as new. Bad news, I received a $10 summons for illegally parking.
Even though I spent $70 on a plate puller the the fuzz was still able
to acquire my license plate number. The lovely people at the Penn Wells
Hotel were kind enough to help the officer with my very personal and
private information, which included the plate #. Great detective work!!
(Jerks).

Lessons learned. Do not park on the sidewalk, do not give out your
plate info. Hope the rest of the day goes well.

2 comments:

  1. They should be happy you didn't waste a whole parking spot for just a little bike.... I guess they didn't see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT a good thing to wake up to... stay OFF the sidewalks except in New York!!! LOL Be safe! xox

    ReplyDelete