Monday, June 8, 2009

Applebees, Sandusky Ohio

What a great day. We had some incredible weather right after we left
Wellsboro. Rolling hills, a warm breeze, and beautiful scenery. About
2 hours into the ride the rain drops started to fall. We pulled over,
suited up in our rain gear, got back on the bike for literally 2
minutes... then the sun came out. We took all local roads today,
traffic was non existent. I shut off the GPS and just drove west. I
have no idea how we ended up in Sandusky. We had roughly 12 hours of
riding today, zig zagging north and south. Funny enough there's some
motorcycle fest here in Sandusky (Ohio bike week). The place is
overrun with Harleys. The more Harleys I see the more I feel they all
look the same. Doesn't mean I would pass up an opportunity to test
ride one. I'm just saying where is the individuality? And why so f'ing
loud? I get the concept of loud pipes "saving lives" and all, but is
it necessary that I feel like my bowels are going to explode everytime
one rumbles by?? seriously.
Tomorrows forecast does not look good. I'm really hoping the rain
passes, if not I guess we'll be right back here at Applebees blogging
and throwing back shots of tequila. We'll always have that, Sandusky.
And yes, Applebees is the best this place has to offer.... god how we
tried!

Here is a list of things we have experienced over the last few days,
not in any particular order; michelle accurately compared us to the
Griswalds.

While riding Michelle was stung by a bee (twice). I had a bee in my
beard
. The bees are crazy here. Michelle's lip started to look weird,
allergic reaction? There are dead bug guts over EVERYTHING!! The
carnage is unbelievable.

Some crazy old drunk guy kissed michelle's hand, and then proceeded to
apologize to me. Chilvary is alive and well in Sandusky. He was
talking to himself the entire night.

We befreinded a lovely older couple from Scranton, PA. They are
motorcyle enthusiasts. They think Obama is a Muslim and a Terrorist.

I finally came face to face with my kidney stone. In a diner restroom
urinal, it literally shot out with a "ping" against the porcelain
wall. I fished it out for evaluation with my bare hands (pictures to
follow).

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Michelle... "The Griswalds"!!! LOL
    Sounds like you are having a FUN trip! Will follow along on the blog! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea... fun fight with the cops.... dead battery, rain , and now Applebys!!!! Awesome.

    hahah just kidding hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jes.... guess you are lucky you only had ONE bee in that beard of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete