Tuesday, June 23, 2009

St. Louis, and a much needed shower.

Arrived at the hotel around 9:30pm, tired, smelly, and hungry. The ride from Iowa was so pretty, if it wasn't for the temp being in the 90's, I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more. The stop in Kansas City put me back 3 hours. After my BBQ lunch I had to sit through some pretty major traffic. For an air cooled bike this not good. I split the lane for a good 30 min, the whole time people honking at me, it was either that or overheat. The hotel is nice, it's only been open for 3 months and is located in "the loop" of a collegiate section of town. Everything was closed at 11pm, and even worse, nothing is open on Monday. I spent the night at the bar chatting with staff and talking motorcycle shop. After my 3rd Chimay (they have a great beer selection) and a few tequila shots I managed to buy 2 of the bartenders CD's (he said he was a "singer/songwriter", seems to have good taste in music) and gave my "foodie" waitress who is visiting NYC a list of every great place to eat, including my "club connected" friend Lou's # in case she wanted to go out (sorry Lou). I'm anxious to get back on the road to Cincinnati, which seems SO far away. The bike is idling really low and is shutting off when I downshift. I did everything I could to figure it out, no luck. Fortunately there is a great mechanic here in town. I would like to get the oil changed in the AM anyway, so we'll see, hopefully it's an easy fix.

1 comment:

  1. Temps in the 90's plus 50 to 60% humidity....makes heat index horrible! Today right now is 95 degrees, 56% humidity making it feel like 110 with the heat index. OMG and I was without power last evening for 3 hours...YUCK!

    ReplyDelete