Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Route ( & The Rain!!!)


The plan is to take all back roads from Brooklyn NY, traveling northwest via route 6 through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and finally IOWA. We'll most likely stay  in the "quaint" town of Wellsboro the first night, about 5hrs outside of NYC. Then possibly with family in Cleveland and friends in Chicago, spread across 6 days of travel. The only big problem now is RAIN. According to the weather channel, weather.com, my Iphone, and NY1 the entire north central section of the continental United States (literally) is covered in green, orange, and red... rain and hale. Assuming the weather holds its course we may be able to slip by, traveling north just above the foulness below. Whatever happened to  "April showers", this is June dammit!

In the meantime I'll be closely monitoring, packing our rain gear, bag covers, boots. After doing tons of research I'm having the new tires installed tomorrow, Bridgestone Battlax BT45. They've received great reviews, especially in bad weather, really sticky tires. Although I prefer the looks of the Metzeler Lasertec's, my mechanic swears by the Bridgestone, he has a pair on his BWM as well. I'll try them out, if anything I could always go back to the Lasertec in a season or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment