Thursday, June 11, 2009

Iowa City!!


We made it to Iowa!! Somehow we managed to evade the rain!! Stayed in Iowa City for the night, had dinner with Michelle's friend Summer. Not long after Michelle and I were back on the bike for a little night time tour of her old college stomping grounds, where she proceeded to show me every place she and her friends have ever lived, ate, drank, studied, went for coffee, partied, etc. etc...

Just a few more hours and we'll be at our final destination, Des Moines. I'm really anxious to give the bike a proper wash, so Dave have the hose and buckets ready!! I'll be flying to LA on Sunday from Des Moines for work, so the blog will be on hiatus for a week. Sadly Michelle will not be taking the ride back to NYC with me. I'm finding it hard to imagine doing the return trip without her. I'm going to miss the shoulder rubs and the weight of her body against my back. We are both having so much fun, I don't want this to end. It will be two weeks before we are together again, which I think is the longest we have been apart in 5 years!! Taking that sissy bar off is going to suck.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...I just love my son-in-law!!!! :)
    I am so happy that you both have been having such a fun trip together! xox

    ReplyDelete